Check this out before you explore my blog!

A Made by Survivors product is also featured on the right side of the page, click the picture to find out more!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Family Guy: "Excellence in Broadcasting"

I thought of Family Guy when we were talking about Fox News in class is regards to how they clearly stand behind the Republican Party. I thought of one episode in particular where they feature Rush Limbaugh. I found a video where he and Seth MacFarlane, the creator of the show, are discussing the episode. It also shows scene in which the episode highlights controversial issues. It is of course meant to be funny, but it is interesting what sort of things they put into the episode and how Rush reacts to having participated. Here is the link to the video, it's a short two minutes or so, check it out! The full episode is titled Excellence is Broadcasting if you want to watch it.


Rush on Family Guy


Question: How do you think Fox responds to episodes like this? Family guy often satires the network relating to their political viewpoints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment