Check this out before you explore my blog!

A Made by Survivors product is also featured on the right side of the page, click the picture to find out more!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

More thoughts on Facebook

I'm happy that people have been responding to my question regarding Facebook. I have been reading them and see that people have varying opinions, which was expected. I wanted to add another point to what I said, in response to what people have been saying. I feel that now that Facebook has become a great networking tool for businesses of all forms, maybe that is the direction Facebook will continue in. What I mean is maybe there will be a new phase where Facebook moves away from being just a site for people to post statuses and collect as many "friends" as they can. It offers so much more than that now. What I can see happening is as people in our generation get older and graduate from college they will not delete their account, but use it in a new way. What I see myself doing is at some point, I will get rid of pointless "friends" that I do not see myself ever coming in contact with again, get rid of anything else that I see as unnecessary in my life at the time. I still want to stay in contact with the friends I have made while at college so I will want to have my Facebook account for that reason. I will also want to continue using it as a resource for business related things as well as event planning. 

What this all comes down to is, having a Facebook is a choice. If you feel your life benefits from having an account, great I can agree with that too. If you feel that it is "evil, destroying your social life, messing with your emotional states, a nuisance to society, ruing our generation etc." delete your account now. I know it may seem difficult but take this opportunity to stand up for yourself, do something to better your life. There is no need to have one, so to say how awful it is when you have an account seems hypocritical. You owe it to yourself to be rid of it so you can stand behind your opinions. 

Questions: Let's take a moment to examine what is so hard about deleting our Facebook account. Some people think Facebook is an overall great tool for multiple reasons and so they will keep it. For those who hate it, why is it so difficult to get rid of it? Won't they be happier after it's gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment