Many would argue that this "game of telephone" with regards to religious experiences incredibly unreliable...but is it?
I have questioned the stories I heard during Sunday school and while at church all my life. I do believe that there is truth behind them, but not word for word. Think of all the hands that wrote the Bible and how many people have changed and shaped it since those stories were originally written. There are many Christians that take the Bible literally and live by what it says, this seems irrational because those words are so old, and they can be filled with wisdom but many are outdated and should not apply to today’s modern society. What I take to heart are the messages the stories are trying to get across, this is what we should take away. Those stories of whatever Religion you follow teach you how to life your life while keeping faith in it. They should not be taken literally in my opinion. As time moves forward, people change and our way of life does as well. We need to understand those changes to fit them into our own lives. This does not mean our beliefs have to change; we just have to be able to understand what is relevant and what is not.
Question: Do you agree with my idea that people should not take religious stories word for word?
No comments:
Post a Comment