Music is one of the most important aspects of my life. I come from a musical family and I have been singing for most of my life. I find music to move me in many different ways. The degree of emotion a person feels from listening to a piece of music depends on how important they view it in their life. Personally what makes me react to a song with lyrics is the story it tells, I connect to what the artist is saying through their music and I try and feel what they experienced that made them write down the song. Instrumental pieces move me simply by the mood of the music and how it is arranged. Even if there are no words, your mind paints a picture in your head of what you see in the music. Not everyone can do this, or I should say not everyone feels like they have to do this which is fine. Not all people take music as seriously as I do, and there is nothing wrong with that. Music moves people in many different ways. Samantha said how Hallelujah, a song originally done by Leonard Cohen, is an emotional song for her and I agree completely. That is my favorite song, to sing as well as listen too. I love how much power is in the song, every line pulls you deeper and deeper into the music. I often get emotional while singing it because it is a song that I have connected to much with. Music is a wonderful part of the world, people listen to it for various reasons and get different things out of it, it will always move you in some way.
Listen to Hallelujah if you have not heard it, this is Jeff Buckley's version which I like best!
Here is the link Hallelujah performed by Jeff Buckley
Here is the link Hallelujah performed by Jeff Buckley
Question: Are there certain pieces of music that can make you happier?
No comments:
Post a Comment