Check this out before you explore my blog!

A Made by Survivors product is also featured on the right side of the page, click the picture to find out more!

Friday, February 25, 2011

In response to Julia's question about destiny

 Do you believe that people have a "destiny"? If you do, do you believe that they have the power to manipulate or change it?


I look at destiny as being those moments when you feel you were meant to be at a certain place at a certain time. We create our own destiny by using what we have to succeed in our own life, or use what skills and traits we are born with to help others. I do not think each person has one set "destiny" meaning one action or goal they are destined to complete in their life, but I think what we are given are opportunities to implement ourselves in a way that will benefit our life or that of someone else. These situations vary from person to person. I see these as a form of destiny, they are events that happen because of who we are. I believe that people create their own destiny because these events are individual for each person. They are shaped by their personalities. 


Question: Is destiny the same thing as fate?

1 comment: