Why do people have such a hard time thinking realistically about those they love?
I think what ruins most relationships where people want a "fairly tale" and do not get it, is their expectations are unrealistic. You can have a loving and fulfilling life with someone, this is definitely possible. The key is to not give up when you come to a problem. Working out issues is the key, as long as you can express when you are unhappy and work through your problems, your relationship will most likely be successful. It is a matter of thinking realistically, but I do not think that means feeling like you will never find someone who you actually want to marry and could spend the rest of your life with. People can and most often do find someone they want to be with. Those who do not agree with this have not experienced the love and connection that one can have for another. This is just a part of being human, many people, including myself tend to be an "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of person. So this results in people possibly having pessimistic views on love because they have not found it yet. Or they have the fairy tale in mind that they want and then become disappointed when they do not get it. Relationships are hard, they take more time and effort than one would think. Although it is all worth it when you find someone who you can not live without.
Question: Why do some people never get married? Is it their choice? Or do some people never find anyone to love? I will also add.. Do those people chose to be alone?
responded!
ReplyDelete