Check this out before you explore my blog!

A Made by Survivors product is also featured on the right side of the page, click the picture to find out more!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Response to Catherine's question about personality

How does the personality that you see in yourself compare to the personality that others see in you? Do you find yourself altering what you think or say to appeal to others? Have you ever 
thought that you aren't who you think you are around others?


I feel that it is human nature to try and present yourself in a way that will make others like you. People spend a lot of time worrying about what other people think, when we should focus on our self and what makes us happy. A lot of people try far to hard and this is where they can become judge and ridiculed by others. It is obvious when you act one way around your close friends who know you well and then turn into someone else when meeting others for the first time. The term "fake" arises in these situations. 


When I think about myself, I feel like what I can work on is breaking out of my comfort zone more often. Around people I am meeting for the first time I have always been shy. I have worked at this and have come a long way. I still feel like it takes me longer to make friends because of this personality trait. My close friends know that I am far from shy. I want to show more of my true self upon meeting new people. I try not to change myself or make myself appear a certain way just to be liked. I mostly feel that people are not seeing who I really am because of my tendency to be shy. 


Question: Where does the idea of beauty come from? How much does the media control it in today's society?

No comments:

Post a Comment