Could deciding where you stand on the subject of free will and determinism really change the way you live your life or is it just me?
Where we stand definitely dictates how we live our lives. If a person thinks that the world is predetermined they might not worry about their actions and those of others. They would know that what ever happens is what was going to happen all along, so they would not be bothered by asking for a reason. I feel like this type of living would be easy. I know I dwell on wondering why various things happen. I lot of people struggle with understanding the reason behind what happens to them. This certainly plays a large role in how you live your life. You can either except what happens or always wonder why. Those who stand behind free will live their life more compulsively I would assume, or at least they would go about with a great sense of freedom knowing they make their own rules and choices. Nothing tells, shows, or forces them to do anything. Those who stand behind free will or determinism are two vastly different kinds of people. They go about their life is two separate ways, what they stand behind dictates how they live their life and how they view the world.
Question: What would prompt a person to switch from standing by determinism to supporting the free will concept, and vise versa?
No comments:
Post a Comment