Check this out before you explore my blog!

A Made by Survivors product is also featured on the right side of the page, click the picture to find out more!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Why is a cat better than a rat?

I am bias I will admit, when it comes to the way animals are treated. My mother is a naturalist and I grew up saving the spiders I found in my room instead of killing them. I believe every living creature has a purpose in this world. With that being said, I am not a vegan or even a vegetarian. I do believe that humans should eat meat because we are atop the food chain and we have been eating meat for centuries. It's hard to say that with my love of all animals, but sometimes we have to accept the good along with the bad. I can not stop the mass slaughter of cows for example, but I can advocate for other things, like endangered species. I focus on things I can do and where I can try and make a difference. 


It's normal for people for think some animals are pointless and they say things like "I wish every spider in the world would just die" although of course the ecosystems of the world would suffer from that. For one, the insect populations would rise immensely! Every animal should be seen for how they benefit the environment, but that seems to be asking too much of our society. Every person is brought up a different way, some marveling at the beauty of nature and some terrified of the concept of camping. Neither person is right or wrong, but I do think that placing one animal above another should be something we think twice about.


(My nature rant is done!)


Question: What is an animal you can't stand? Do some research and see how valuable they actually are, still feel the same way?

1 comment: